TPC Member Resource Center
TPC Member Resource Center
Thank you for being a member of the DVCon China 2019 Technical Program Committee! This TPC Member Resource Center is designed to help you through the review process for papers and slides.
Please note that submitter of the abstract is responsible for completing the confirmation form, and all draft paper requirements. Final papers and slides/poster and remaining duties are the responsibility of the speaker.
Please note - All of the dates and times provided for deadlines are in Mountain Standard Time (-0700)
- November 19 - 26Bidding
- Monday, December 3 Abstract Review Site Opens
- Tuesday, December 11 Abstract Review Site Closes
- Tuesday, December 18Official Accept/Reject Notification
- Tuesday, January 15Draft Paper Review Site Opens
- January 15- 22 TPC to provide feedback on draft papers
- February 25 TPC to review revised draft papers (second drafts) and provide final signoff on revisions to draft papers
Monday, November 26
- You will receive exact instructions on how to properly bid on abstracts on Novmeber 19th.
- Bidding will be completed through your Navigation Center.
- The bidding scale below is how you will rate the abstracts.
- Bidding Scale:
- 4 - Very family, eager to review
- 3 - Familiar, can capably review
- 2 - Somewhat familiar, can review but prefer not to
- 1 - Not familiar, please don’t assign to me
- Bidding Scale:
- You must bid on all abstracts.
- If you have any questions about this process, contact Jackie McIntosh immediately.
For any abstracts you do not place a bid on, you will be automatically be given the score of 3 - can capably review. BID ON ALL ABSTRACTS
Round 1 Review
Tuesday, December 11
- You will receive exact instructions on how to review abstracts and your required reviews. The Review site opens on Monday, December 3rd.
- The TPC Chair will assign required abstracts to you for review.
- Your required abstracts are denoted by a checkmark in the “Required” column on “Your Reviews” page.
- Should you choose to do so, you may review more than what is required of you.
- Make sure to leave reviews on all of the abstracts that are "Required". This will help decide if the paper should be accepted as an oral presentation, poster presentation or rejected.
December 12 - 14
The TPC Chair, Roman Wang, will set a vconference call meeting sometime during these dates to go over the submissions. It is not required but it is highly reccomended that you join this meeting. The goal of this meeting is to decide on Accepts/Rejects and to build the sessions.
Round 2 (Draft Paper Review) Site Opens
Tuesday, January 22
- You will receive exact instructions on how to review draft papers on Tuesday, January 15.
- You will also receive an email notification each time a new draft paper has been uploaded or the submitter has made new comments.
- All communication with other reviewers will be done through your Navigation Center.
- You will be designated as a “Shepherd” or “Other Reviewer.”
- Shepherd: You will be the only one who communicates changes to the submitter. You will compile all feedback to send to the submitter.
- Other Reviewer: You will send all of your feedback to the Shepherd, not the submitter.
- This will be shown in your Navigation Center.
- While reviewing draft papers, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Minimum of 8 pages and maximum of 10 pages
- PDF file type
- Single-spaced, one column format
- Proceedings Paper Templates
Accepted abstracts selected for presentation as a poster will produce a poster for their presentation at conference AND will produce a paper for inclusion in the DVCon China 2019 Proceedings.
Remember all papers must be written in English.
Feedback On Draft Paper
Feedback on Draft Papers Deadline is between January 22 - February 18
The Shepherd is responsible for communicating all feedback to the submitter from the "Other Reviewers" as well as providing feedback themselves.
- Feedback will be communicated through the Navigation Center.
- You will receive an email each time a new comment is submitted.
- This process consists of collaboration between the author and the TPC member in the given time period to ensure the highest quality paper.
Once the Shepherd for the paper feels that it is ready for conference, the Shepherd will then mark the paper as "Final Paper Ready". This will lock the ability for new versions of the paper to be submitted by the author.
Final Papers are due for conference proceedings March 4th
Deadline: Tuesday, March 5
Registration instructions will be sent to you in January.
- You must be registered by this date.
- You may contact Robin Albright with registration questions.
Information - Visit the Registration area to learn about traveling to the US, obtaining a Visa, and how to contact the DVCon Office for an invitation letter.