TPC Member Resource Center
TPC Member Resource Center
Thank you for being a member of the DVCon China 2018 Technical Program Committee! This TPC Member Resource Center is designed to help you through the review process for papers and slides.
Please note that submitter of the abstract is responsible for completing the confirmation form, and all draft paper requirements. Final papers and slides/poster and remaining duties are the responsibility of the speaker.
- November 30 - December 5Bidding
- Monday, December 11 Abstract Review Site Opens
- Friday, December 15 Abstract Review Site Closes
- Thursday, December 21Official Accept/Reject Notification
- Tuesday, January 23Draft Paper Review Site Opens
- January 23- February 6 TPC to provide feedback on draft papers
- February 27 TPC to review revised draft papers (second drafts) and provide final signoff on revisions to draft papers
Thursday, November 30
- You will receive exact instructions on how to properly bid on abstracts.
- Bidding will be completed through your Navigation Center.
- The bidding scale below is how you will rate the abstracts.
- Bidding Scale:
- 4 - Very family, eager to review
- 3 - Familiar, can capably review
- 2 - Somewhat familiar, can review but prefer not to
- 1 - Not familiar, please don’t assign to me
- Bidding Scale:
- You must bid on all abstracts.
- If you have any questions about this process, contact Jackie McIntosh immediately.
Tuesday, December 5
- All bids are due.
- Be sure to bid on all abstracts.
Round 1 (Abstract Review) Site Opens
Monday, December 11
- You will receive exact instructions on how to review abstracts and your required reviews.
- The TPC Chair will assign required abstracts to you for review.
- Your required abstracts are denoted by a checkmark in the “Required” column on “Your Reviews” page.
- Should you choose to do so, you may review more than what is required of you.
Round 1 (Abstract Review) Site Closes
Friday, December 15
You have until 5PM (MST) to complete your required reviews.
Round 2 (Draft Paper Review) Site Opens
Tuesday, January 23
- You will receive exact instructions on how to review draft papers.
- You will also receive an email notification each time a new draft paper has been uploaded or the submitter has made new comments.
- All communication with other reviewers will be done through your Navigation Center.
- You will be designated as a “Shepherd” or “Other Reviewer.”
- Shepherd: You will be the only one who communicates changes to the submitter. You will compile all feedback to send to the submitter.
- Other Reviewer: You will send all of your feedback to the Shepherd, not the submitter.
- This will be shown in your Navigation Center.
- While reviewing draft papers, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Minimum of 8 pages and maximum of 10 pages
- PDF file type
- Single-spaced, one column format
- Proceedings Paper Templates
Accepted abstracts selected for presentation as a poster will produce a poster for their presentation at conference AND will produce a paper for inclusion in the DVCon China 2018 Proceedings.
Feedback On Draft Paper
January 23 - February 6
You will communicate with Submitter on paper changes as needed.
- Feedback will be communicated through the Navigation Center.
- You will receive an email each time a new comment is submitted.
- This process consists of collaboration between the author and the TPC member in the given time period to ensure the highest quality paper.
- After February 27, the speaker is responsible for making any remaining changes and submitting for the proceedings.
Deadline: Monday, March 19
Registration instructions will be sent to you in February.
- You must be registered by this date.
- You may contact Robin Albright with registration questions.
Information - Visit the Registration area to learn about traveling to the US, obtaining a Visa, and how to contact the DVCon Office for an invitation letter.
Draft Slide Review Starts
Tuesday, March 13
- TPC members who are assigned as Session Chairs will receive exact instructions on how to review slides.
- All communication with the speaker will be done through your Navigation Center.
Draft Slide Feedback Due
Deadline: Monday, March 26
- Communicates all slide feedback sent to the speaker.
- Slide Presentation Template - Please keep in mind that the slides are only allowed to have the company logo on the first slide only.
- Make sure that all slides are in 4:3
Wednesday, April 18
- All speakers are required to bring their slides to the conference and load them on the computers in the meeting room.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early to ensure all speakers have loaded their slides on the computer.
Audio Visual Information
This is a list of the equipment you will find in each of the presentation rooms.
- LCD projector, resolution 1024x768
- Horizontal scan rate 15kHz - 80kHz, vertical scan rate 50kHz - 10kH
- Computer Equipment/Software Dell D360 Latitude, DVD/CD-ROM, Dual Core, USB
- Windows XP Operating System, Office 2007 software, OpenOffice, LibreOffic
- Acrobat Reader
- Antivirus software
- Port connection for notebooks/laptops with SVGA
- Podium microphone
- Lavalier microphone
- Aisle microphones for questions
- Laser pointer
- Speaker timer