Speaker Resource Center
Speaker Resource Center
Congratulations on being accepted to present at DVCon China 2018! This Speaker Center is designed to help you prepare for your final proceedings papers, slide presentation and your responsibilities at conference.
- Monday, November 27 Abstract Deadline
- Thursday, December 21 Official Accept/Reject Notification
- Tuesday, January 2 Speaker Confirmation Forms Due
- Tuesday, January 23Draft Paper Due
- Tuesday, February 6 Receive Draft Paper Feedback
- Tuesday, February 27 Submit Paper Incorporating Feedback for Approval
- Tuesday, March 6 Submit Final Paper & Copyright Form
- Tuesday, March 13Draft Slides and Bio Due
- Thursday, April 5Final Slides Due for Archive
Finalizing Your Paper
Please follow theese steps below to prepare your final paper for publication.
Deadline: Tuesday, January 23
Step One: Submit Your Draft Paper for Review
- Accepted abstracts must submit a draft paper for review between January 2 and January 23.
- Paper guidelines:
- PDF format
- Single-spaced, one column format
- Download Proceedings Paper Templates
- Review comments will be provided by the TPC by February 6.
Deadline: Tuesday, February 27
Step Two: Submit New Version of Paper Incorporating TPC Feedback
- TPC members should have reviews finalized February 6.
Upload the newest version of your paper, incorporating the feedback from TPC by February 27
for TPC approval for conference.
Deadline: Tuesday, March 6
Step Three: Submit Final Paper for Proceedings and Copyright Form
- Final papers, minimum of 8 pages maximum of 10 pages, must be submtited for the proceedings no later than March 6.
- Copyright forms must be submitted along with the final paper.
- Choose only ONE of the following versions to complete and return. Instructions will be provided for form upload.
Draft Slides & Speaker Bio
Deadline: Thursday, April 5
- Submit final slides through your Navigation Center
- Your slides will be posted on the DVCon website approximately 90 days after the conference for inclusion in the Archive.
Registration & Visas
Deadline: Friday, February 24
- Registration instructions, including a discounted speaker registration code, will be sent to the speaker on February 8.
- The speaker must be registered by Monday, March 19.
- You may contact Robin Albright with registration questions.
- One person from the paper must be registered before the final paper can be submitted.
- Failure to register will result in your paper being removed from the conference proceedings.
Visit the Registration area to learn about traveling to China, obtaining a Visa, and how to contact the DVCon Office for an invitation letter.
Wednesday, April 18
- All speakers are required to bring their slides to the conference and load them on the computers in the meeting room.
- Please arrive 30 minutes early to the room where your session is to load slides on computer.
Audio Visual Information
This is a list of the equipment you will find in each of the presentation rooms.
- LCD projector, resolution 1024x768
- Horizontal scan rate 15kHz - 80kHz, vertical scan rate 50kHz - 10kH
- Computer Equipment/Software Dell D360 Latitude, DVD/CD-ROM, Dual Core, USB
- Windows XP Operating System, Office 2007 software, OpenOffice, LibreOffic
- Acrobat Reader
- Antivirus software
- Port connection for notebooks/laptops with SVGA
- Podium microphone
- Lavalier microphone
- Aisle microphones for questions
- Laser pointer
- Speaker timer