If you don’t measure, you don’t know. Verification planning and coverage metrics are crucial to track progress and achieve signoff. Can formal and simulation results be integrated in a comprehensive view of the verification status? Can formal return on investment (ROI) be maximized by reducing overlap with simulation-based verification tasks? Can the verification flow be interoperable and future proof, rather than sub-optimal and locked to a single tool vendor?
This short workshop uses a verification case study where formal and simulation verification results are integrated in a coherent view. The verification flow supports any simulator and planning tool. The flow leverages formal model-based mutation coverage, which enables a meaningful integration with simulation structural coverage. Ultimately, this flow provides a more accurate view of verification status and reduces effort to achieve signoff.
The workshop agenda is as follow:
• Don’t get locked-in: interoperable coverage
• Review of formal coverage metrics
• Integration of formal coverage with simulation coverage
• Accelerate verification signoff with formal coverage
• Tracking formal results in your favorite verification planning tool
• Maximize formal ROI by reducing effort overlap with simulation verification
• Summary and Q&A